The coming year will see accounting conferences hosted right across the UK. With dozens to choose from, and seemingly something to cater for every corner of the accounting industry, we’ve listed just a few of the biggest accounting conferences to look out for in 2023.
Be sure to read on below for our tips on making the most of your time at conference during the year ahead.
International Conference on Small Business and Accounting (ICSBA)
21–22 Jan 2023
Leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars share their experiences and research.
The Alternative Accountancy Strategic IT Conference
27–28 Apr 2023
Crowne Plaza, Marlow
The UK’s leading exclusive event for qualified attendees in accountancy practices.
10–11 May 2023
Stay up to date with the tools, technology and ideas driving the digital revolution.
Finance and Accounting 2023 Annual Research Symposium
15–16 Jun 2023
University of Westminster, London
Explore key challenges, opportunities and resolutions of the concept of diversity in finance and accounting.
International Accounting Forum
29 Jun 2023
A full day of insight and recognition of success and innovative developments in modern accounting.
Accountex Summit North
19 Sep 2023
Manchester Central Convention Complex, Manchester
A ground-breaking specialist exhibition and conference for accounting and finance professionals.
Attending an accounting conference can do wonders for your career. Conferences are a great chance to learn about accounting industry trends, gain new skills, and make new connections.
Any accounting conference will have a lot going on – and it’s impossible to attend everything. So how can you make sure you get the most out of your visit? Here are a few tips to remember to help make sure you get the most value from your accounting conference experience.
- Be prepared – Familiarise yourself with the agenda and the layout. You don’t want to get lost.
- Stand out from the crowd – Consider putting yourself forward for a visible role: a presenter, session facilitator, or conference volunteer.
- Build relationships – Meet new people. Or reconnect with existing clients, vendors and friends.
- Choose your sessions carefully – You can’t attend every one. Pick a broad range of topics that interest you.
- Remember to remember – Take notes. And collate them in a way you’ll find easy to unpack back at the office.
- Network – Remember to make time to attend any social events laid on by the conference to connect with people in a more informal setting.
- Switch off your phone – Emails can wait. Don’t let your smartphone be a barrier to making real-world connections.
- Follow up – Use those newly acquired business cards and Facebook friends to send friendly follow-ups and arrange to meet up.
Share what you learned – Share useful information with colleagues and friends. Perhaps give a talk at your next team meeting?
Generate More Business For Your Firm with INAA
Here at INAA, we connect accounting firms who aim to deliver quality professional services around a shared vision to make global business personal and take personal business global.
With every industry change, our collaborative association of international businesses is committed to driving the conversation around auditing and accounting.
Join today to start building powerful business relationships.