On November 13th 2019, 66 delegates from across the world travelled to Mumbai to attend INAA’s AGM event.
Mumbai, India’s 2nd largest city and largest financial centre, provided the perfect backdrop to our stimulating conference. Surrounded by vibrant culture, history and plenty of fascinating sites, our time in Mumbai excited the mind, spirit and body.
More than half of our AGM guests attended the hour yoga session on Friday morning, offering a fascinating glimpse into India’s spirituality. Guests also had the opportunity to taste authentic India cuisine, full of spices and flavour, and watch an exquisite Bollywood show at the Gala.
What You Missed at the AGM in Mumbai
While experiencing Indian culture was an unforgettable experience, our AGM conference aimed at bringing INAA members together to discuss pressing and essential subjects. Throughout the three days, we heard from several well-respected speakers on the theme of ‘Accounting, Counting What Matters.’
Highlights from Day One
On day one our 45-minute lightning talks covered topics like:
• How to Do Business in India (Ketan Dalal, Managing Partner, Katalyst Advisors)
• Nuances of International Taxation and its Impact on Society (Hitesh Gajaria, Partner & Head -Tax, KPMG)
• Re-imagine Reporting Beyond Financials (Salil Tripathi, Writer and Human Rights Expert)
• Awaken the Leader in You (Jaya Row, Creator, Vedanta Vision)
• Indian Market: The Story has Just Begun (Shiv Gupta, CEO, Sanctum Wealth Management)
• Gandhi and His Relevance in Corporate Governance and Sustainable Growth (Rajni Bakshi, Author)
• Modi 2.0: Carving a Space for India in a Changing World (Indrani Bagchi, Diplomatic Editor, Times of India)
(Presentations and videos available for members only)
We then finished the day with a Gala, featuring a delightful meal of local cuisine and evening entertainment from local artists.
Highlights From Day 2
We kicked off the day with a refreshing yoga session before diving into a presentation and discussion on the Role of Management auditors: Journey from Backroom to Boardroom with Nandita Parekh (Partner, CNK & associates).
After a short coffee break, we hosted an INAA business session followed by lunch and a chance to channel our inner creatives with a block printing workshop.
We want to give a special thanks to the CNK team (our member in Mumbai), and especially to Purvi Malani, Shariq and Nasreen Contractor for making the AGM genuinely unforgettable.